I always enjoy looking back at my favorite outfits of the year - I like to see the way my style has changed and it's fun to remember what was happening when I wore each outfit. It's posts like these that remind me how much I enjoy blogging - yeah, it's just clothes (who cares) but it's also a great online journal (and much less offensive than my Xanga days).
So without further ado, my favorite outfits of the year, starting at the beginning of the year.
1. Green & White It's no secret that green is my favorite color, and I love that the green is really the only color happening here.
2. Leather Jacket I made a joke about feeling like a total poser in a leather jacket, but I really do love it. The jacket adds great texture to an otherwise simple outfit.
3. Floral Pants Since I try not to buy a lot of clothes, I really love making certain clothing items work for different seasons. The chunky white sweater helps make these floral pants cold weather appropriate.
4. Chambray with white sweater and green jeans Ah, white sweater again, kelly green again. I am a creature of habit. I love this outfit because of the layers and the simple colors.
5. Winter Florals This is really similar to the outfit above... simple layers and simple colors. This outfit was from a really cold day in March when I was wishing it was a lot warmer - wearing a little bit of floral helped :)
6. Purple Skirt with mint top First of all... short hair! Also, I knew I was pregnant in this picture - I had to wear the skirt really high to make it fit. Anyway, this was the first time I wore mint and purple together and I really loved it.
7. Anthro Dress with Blue Necklace You can never go wrong with an Anthropologie dress. I love the fit and flare style with the subtle texture. After this dress, I ended up purchasing a couple more navy dresses - turns out it's a great color (I used to dislike it!).
8. floral blouse with mustard cardigan This is the same floral blouse from #5 - this time paired with mustard yellow (and a baby bump) for spring.
9. green maxi with lace top I had been eyeing this maxi skirt for a long time, so when it finally went on sale I was so excited! I was able to wear it with the bump for a while, which was nice. I haven't worn it since this photo was taken - so excited to pull it out for the spring!
10. Yellow and Chambray I love the way this (non-maternity) skirt sits on my little belly. Also, the chambray shirt is my best friend.
11. Floral Dress with Utility vest The utility vest is another one of my favorite clothing items. This dress is great on its own, but the vest makes it more interesting.
12. Chambray with jeans Of course I had to get a maternity chambray shirt. I wore it a lot, but I really loved it paired with a dark pair of jeans and my favorite booties.
13. Sweatshirt Tunic This outfit makes me sad that I don't own the top in a non-maternity version. It's made of sweatshirt material and is super-comfy, which is a necessity when your belly is enormous.
14. Red sweater with plaid scarf I don't normally wear a lot of red, but I embraced it during pregnancy and I ended up loving it.
15. blue striped top with blue puffer vest I really love blue on blue, and it worked out really well considering this blue shirt was pretty much the only shirt that fit when this picture was taken.
Thoughts/What I Learned:
- This was a weird year for me clothing-wise, for obvious reasons. I essentially had to build a wardrobe from scratch (though friends lent me a few items, which was wonderful!). It forced me to think about wardrobe basics and I had a really good time coming up with a variety of outfits out of a small amount of items.
- I preferred a much more muted color palate this year. It probably had to do with the fact that I had less of my closet to work with, but I could see it continuing through the next year.
- I have got to figure out how to fix my hair. These photos are fine, but in half of the ones from this year, my hair looks horrible. It made me laugh a lot - I'm really lazy when it comes to my hair so it's not surprising. But it's probably time for me to figure it out at 28 years old.
- The chambray is still the best shirt ever. Oh and I still love floral print more than anything else.
If you're bored, you can look back at my favorite outfits of 2012 and my favorites of 2013.
Which of the 15 is your favorite?