~ Dr. Seuss
Seuss speaks the truth. This year flew by in what felt like two months. Here I am, looking in 2014, trying to remember what even happened in 2013. I thought it might be
Last year's goals were well-intended, unfortunately I didn't accomplish many of them.
1. Take it deeper and closer with Christ I mean, I wouldn't say this was a complete flop, but I definitely want to improve my relationship with him even more.
2. Become a morning person This was a definite flop. Even though Eric and I are both champion sleepers, I continue make this a goal every year. I just think I would accomplish so much more if I got up earlier.
3. Learn Spanish This one I did not even try, but I don't feel bad about it. Eric ended up starting school last year and I taught 3 classes in addition to my regular job. We decided to wait until 2014.
4. Exercise 3x a week Eh... some weeks we did, some weeks we didn't.
5. Do a 30-day cleanse I actually did this. Is was meant to improve my skin and it did. I will do a post about this soon.
6. Read 6 spiritual development books I think I read two :(
7. Journal more I think I need to get more specific with this one.
Even though I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I hoped to, I'm setting new goals for myself this year. I decided to get a little more specific and break them down into categories.
Health (Physical & Mental)
1. Read the Bible 3x a week. This is obviously a similar goal to #1 above, but I want to get more specific. My hope is that by reading the Bible more often, my relationship with Christ will become more meaningful and more personal.
2. Exercise 3x a week. Same dang goal from last year (and the year before... and the year before...) but this year I am taking Eric out of the equation. Before, I would only run in the morning if we were running together. Our schedules are going to be really different this year, so it will be on me whether I get out of bed and go for a run or not.
3. Journal 3x a week. Man, oh man, 3x a week is turning into the magic number.
1. Complete Spanish Rosetta Stone. I have this sitting in my closet and this is the year I will complete it!
2. Take a Photoshop and/or photography class. For the most part, I am self-taught in these two areas, so I obviously have a lot to learn.
1. Write one letter a month to a friend. Now that a lot of my friends are married, sometimes I feel like female friendships go the back burner. I HATE that. I want to be a better friend, and I figured since a lot of my close friends live in different cities, this might be a good start.
2. Do more activities with Eric. We are kind of "all or nothing" type of people. We either hang out at home and watch movies, or take big trips together. While I really enjoy both of those things, I want to do more "in between" activities together. Like going to local festivals, camping, taking a cooking class, etc.
1. Do more guest posts. Shameless plug: if anyone wants me to do a guest post - let me know!
2. Create a blog calendar. My blog posts are a bit sporadic and not very planned. I'm hoping an editorial calendar might help with that.
3. Share more personal thoughts. I want this blog to be about everything that I am interested in, not just style. I want to share more snippets of my life with you.
What about you? Do you set New Year's resolutions? What are your plans for this year?