Jan 2, 2014
December 2013 - Where My Dolla Bills Went
Happy 2014! Before I get all "lemme tell ya bout my resolutions" (that post is coming, don't you worry), I thought I would catch up on my December budget. I only bought two things in December myself, which was my plan since I wanted to save money to buy gifts for other people. Even with all of the sales, it's usually not too hard for me to pass things up. Something about Christmas spending, plus end-of-year budgets... it's just easy for me to say no. Let's see if I can extend that self-control into next year :)
1. Banana Republic white cardigan This was the only thing I bought during the after Christmas sales. I have a white cardigan, but it's really old and... not quite white anymore. This one was originally $79.50, but it was on sale for $34 PLUS 40% off of that price, for a grand total of $20.40. Once again proof that in-store you can get much better prices (even though I much prefer on-line shopping).
2. F21 Aztec cardigan ($32.80) So I had an Aztec cardigan once (seen here), but it shrunk in the wash :( I gave it to my sister and I have wanted another one ever since. My husband got me this one for Christmas. I actually love my new one even more - it's soooo comfy. In fact, I can't stop wearing it.
3. My brother got me a great plaid scarf for Christmas. I love it!
4. Franco sarto booties. Okay, these boots have a little bit of a story behind them... My husband ordered me a really cute pair of booties (not these) for Christmas. He ordered them December 4th and they never came. He called and tried to figure it out, but no one knows what happened to them. They refunded the money, but he was so disappointment because I didn't have them to open on Christmas morning. I was okay with it (I am holding onto the false hope that they'll show up eventually), but Eric and I wandered into TJ Maxx a few days after Christmas and I found this pair. They were $44, which is less than half the price of what they are supposed to cost, and they were a lot less than the original pair that Eric bought for me. And I love them!
5. I ordered this red sweater from eBay a few weeks ago and got it a couple of days before Christmas. I really wanted a cheap Christmas sweater and this one fit the bill for $9.34. I wouldn't recommend it (the front is cut way to high and it smells weird) , but you get what you pay for.
6. I got a black leather jacket (similar, from photo above) from my brother for Christmas. I know what you are thinking... that I am not cool enough for a leather jacket. At least, that's what I thought when I opened it. But it's so cute and so flattering - I have embraced my non-leather personality and I have already worn it multiple times.
Total spent from personal clothing budget: $29.74
So that wraps up another year of sharing my monthly budget with you all. It might seem like a silly thing to do, but it helps keep me accountable and it keeps me from turning into a big spender, which was never the goal when I started this blog. I can't really relate to people spend thousands on clothing every month and I want to be transparent about what I spend. Thanks for following along!
Linking up with other budgeting bloggers.