So Thanksgiving was last week. And it was wonderful. I got to spend time with both of my families, I ate delicious food (and made some bomb sweet potatoes if I do say so myself). We didn't have to travel anywhere, which made the holiday seem even more laid back and it meant that Eric and I got to spend a lot of time together at home. Yeah, we were both working (Eric on schoolwork, me on paper grading), but it was still wonderful to spend time together.
I think Thanksgiving is really really wonderful. I love Christmas as much as the next person, but I think Thanksgiving is wonderful in and of itself. Yes, we should always have a spirit of gratefulness, but Thanksgiving is such a great reminder to stop and think about it. I don't know about you all, but I am feeling very very Thankful this year.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, his mercy endures forever." Psalm 118:1
This year, I am thankful for:
- A husband who loves me in such a Christ-like way. He makes me feel special and beautiful, yet he challenges me to grow and become a better person everyday.
- My lovely little home. When I walk in the door to my house, I feel happy. I am really going to miss it when we move someday.
- My siblings. We are all so different, but we love each other so much and we have a fabulous relationship. I never ever want to take them for granted.
- My new niece and my sweet nephew. They are both healthy and beautiful and a true representation of God's love.
- My blog. It really is a silly little hobby, but I am so thankful for it. I think it's so much fun and I am trying to become less embarrassed about it everyday.
- My parents and my in-laws. Both love me so much and would do anything for me.
- My job. It is such a blessing. I work with great people and what I actually do is pretty darn fun.
- My health. I take this for granted way too often.
I also wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who reads this blog. I am so honored that you take the time out of your day to read my words and sometimes even acknowledge that you read them :) You guys are the best. Thanks!