chambray: old navy (similar) // skirt: loft (on sale!) // shoes: target (similar) // necklace: target
// watch: fossil
Tomorrow I'll be 27. Growing up in a large family, my birthday has always been a really big deal, and I always looked forward to it for months. Adulthood birthdays have been relatively similar (one of my husband's favorite thing to make fun of me for), but this year has been different. It's just kind of... happening. Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful for another wonderful year of life, but we have a lot going on right now, so I've pushed my birthday to the back-burner. We'll get some celebrating in later this weekend, but tomorrow I'll kind of be ignoring it.
And, because I do what I want on my birthday, here are 5 Random Birthday Facts About Me:
1. Nearly every childhood birthday party I had was a pool party (woot for having a summer birthday). I would have about 10 friends over to swim at my grandma's house, we'd eat watermelon and cake, and sometimes there was even a pinata involved.
2. My 26th is documented in this birthday outfit post - my hair was short and I had just sliced up my finger (true story: I still don't have feeling in the upper half of that finger).
3. Recently looking back at pictures of my 3rd birthday, I realized my mom hired a hula girl to come dance at my party. As in, a sexy, bikini clad model came to my house and did a hula dance while Hawaiian music played from a boombox. Um... what? So bizzare.
4. On my 22nd birthday, my boyfriend (now my husband) and I had been dating for 2 years and were completely in love. He got me... a scrabble board that was wrapped in a blanket. Don't get me wrong, I love scrabble, but I was secretly a bit dissapointed. Little did I know that he was planning on giving me some significant bling one week later, so my birthday present fell by the wayside.
5. My birthday is July 11th, my mom's is July 12th and my parent's anniversary is the 13th. Let's just say that was a crazy weekend in my house growing up.
pink striped skirt and chambray