|Extra random fact: my neighbors have a rooster in their front yard (yes, I live in the city) and I felt like this type of post needed a random picture.|
There are lots of fun "share things about yourself" things going around the blogosphere lately, including "5 things" and the "Liebester Award." Thanks to all of you wonderful people who tagged me in them. It's probably good for me to share a few things about myself every now and then :) So, here goes:
1. I'm not very good at sharing things about myself. You're probably thinking that I am totally copping out with that one, but it really is true. I'm not at all shy and I can really carry on a conversation with anyone, but I don't often share personal information. I don't think it is necessarily because I am a surface-y person, I'm just reallllly private. Which is also part of the reason I am struggling to think of four other things to share about myself :)
2. I was a ballerina for 9 years and a basketball player for 10 years. They are REALLY different, but somehow they both worked for me - I think it's because I'm 5'10"? My dream was to be a ballet teacher, but then I started playing basketball in 7th grade and played through college. I am definitely a mediocre player (the WNBA is not in my future), but I love it.
3. I never thought that I would get married young (I was 22). My plan was to start my own company and maybe think about boys when I was 30. Then I met Eric. And my plans seemed silly. I am thankful now that I got married young; we have had so much fun together without having to think about having kids yet (You can read our love story here).
4. The best compliment you can give me is to tell me you think I'm funny. My husband told me that once and then he said he regretted it because I freaked out :) I love making people laugh. In college I performed in some sketch comedy performances and it was pretty wonderful. Now, I'm trying to think of something funny to write... but my humor can't be forced - it's all natural. Ha.
5. Organizing is one of my favorite pastimes. When I was in high school, my aunts would pay me to organize their closets. Seriously, I get giddy if I know I have a closet to organize. It just feeeeels so good.
So there you have it. Thanks for letting me share!