I decided to do a second "top posts" post (I am pretty sure I hardly ever said the word 'post' until I started blogging...) highlighting some of my favorite outfit posts from the past year. (See the non-outfit top posts here.)
I never intended for this blog to become a personal style blog (in fact, I didn't even know that was a thing) but somehow a large portion of this blog is dedicated to style. I really do not consider myself a very fashionable person (i.e. I would never wear leopard print - I know, it's practically a neutral for most people. But it's just not me.), but I love feeling cute without spending a lot of money. So, I am thankful that a portion of my blog includes pictures of me wearing clothes, posing like a loony. Expect more of it in 2013 :)
12. Stripes & Floral - Stripes and floral almost always look good together. In fact, I'll probably be wearing this same outfit 5 years from now, assuming the jeans still fit, ahem.
11. Cheapskate in Stripes - Read about how I am such a cheapskate that I didn't want to spend $16 on this skirt (I ended up getting it even cheaper!).
10. Nothing to Do With Halloween - My first time wearing a "Canadian Tuxedo" or a "Texas Tuxedo" or whatever you want to call it :)
9. Red and More Red - The first red article of clothing I have ever owned coincided with dying my hair red. Just call me
red-hot um, red.
8. Stripes on Stripes - Early on I accidentally took pictures with cars in the background, but that doesn't change how much I love this outfit.
7. Green and Gray - This outfit is fancy for me, but luckily I was still able to pull-off wearing a t-shirt to a wedding :)
6. Prairie Skirt - One of my favorite "no shopping outfits," this skirt is actually an old strapless dress. Oh, and I wear that gray t-shirt A LOT.
5. My First Pair of Colored Jeans - I finally joined the colored jeans bandwagon and kind of went crazy by paring it with a teal, feather-covered top.
4. Patterned Professional- The power of a black wrap dress to make crazy patterned tights professional (depending on your profession of course).
3. Mix and Match - This outfit went from "a bunch of old, cheap crap I have in my closet" to one of my favorite outfits ever.
2. Copy Cat Plaid - This outfit is proof that sometimes Pinterest can change your
life outfit-life and that my husband has amazing taste in boots (he picked these out!).
1. Men's Sweater and a Lady's Pants - And my personal favorite this year... green pants (my second pair of colored jeans! Woot!) with an over sized sweater. Oh, and the same amazing boots.
I just want to say thank you so much for reading and for all of your encouragement (and honest opinions!) about my outfits. Who knew this would have been as much fun as it was?!