I'm a little nervous about writing this post because I'm afraid it could seem like I spend a lot of money on clothes, when my reasons for even posting my outfits are quite the opposite. However, I think this will be a great way for me to stay accountable to what I buy as well as show you all how I shop.
First thing first, I actually used my "birthday money" to buy most of this. Yes, my birthday was back in July. I know... why would any sane person hold onto a couple hundred dollars and some target gift cards for three months without using them? Well, as it's been mentioned time and time again, I'm cheap. My silly little mind told me that the best thing to do would be to hold onto it until the fall because I didn't need any summer clothes. Thanks for making me wait, mind. It was worth it.
If you are wondering why the heck a married, 26 year-old gets birthday money from her family, well I don't know. But please, mom and Martha, if you are reading this, don't make it stop!
Ahem. Here is what I bought the past few weeks:
Target Polka Dot Top I have been looking for something with polka dots for a while, but I wanted something that would be really "classic" (i.e. I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear it once the polka dot trend dies out). Then I found this lovely top. I had actually eyed this top a few times before I even tried it on. I tend do that a lot, just to make sure I really like something. $22.99.
2. JC Penney Silky Tank I have been looking for something like this for a while, so I was pumped when I spotted it at JC Penney on sale for $10. The rayon/polyester blend looks really nice and the color is lovely.
3. Target Striped Dress (similar 1, similar 2, similar 3) This is another item that I had been looking at for a while. Back when it was full-price I tried it on in a small and a medium and it was... um, really, really tight on my bum. So last week, when I happened to spot a size Large on sale for $12.48, I tried it on and loved it.
4. Dolce Vita Oxfords (cheaper option) As mentioned here, I am pretty obsessed with these shoes. So comfortable and easy to wear. I got them at TJ Maxx for $39.99, so I was pumped when I saw them online later for $80.
5. JC Penney Green Printed Top It's pretty obvious from my blog design, but I love green. Love, love. At $18 this pretty top was an easy addition to my shopping cart.
6. Target Pajama Pants So you'll never see these on the blog, but I thought they were worth mentioning because a
couple of friends (ahem, Teresa & Hanna) gave me a hard time
recently about some trashy pajama pants I was wearing around. So, these
gray polka dot pants, on sake for $10, seemed like a good idea. You're welcome, friends.
7. JC Penney Button-Down I have been looking for some nice silky blouses for FOREVER. I obviously didn't want to spend much, but all of the affordable options I had tried on looked a bit cheap. So, when I found these lovelies at JC Penney, I bought two. I seriously never do that. But I am so glad I did. $18 each.
Total: $149.46 Like I mentioned before, I used some birthday gift cards and money to buy all of this, so technically none of it came out of my clothing budget. Pretty great right?
Do you all own any of these items? Anything look like something you might be interested in?
*Linking up with Franishh