You know, I did go through a beauty-junkie phase in middle school that is worth mentioning. I painted my fingernails everyday based on the outfit I was wearing and I wore pounds of glitter on a daily basis. And no, I wasn't a cheerleader or on the pom squad. I wore that glitter with my basketball uniform. I blame it all on changing hormones.
Anyway, now that I'm into the "natural look" (you know where I say stuff like,"oh yes, my lips are naturally this pink" and "my skin is the flawless when I wake up in the morning"), I keep the products in my bathroom minimal. I'm also a cheap-y so that means that I've never bought anything from a department store. I'm sure I would love Lancome lipstick, but I'll probably never know. So here's what's rocking my world lately:
1. Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Nail Color. I'm not great at painting my nails and I'm terrible at waiting for the paint to dry - I always get impatient and smudge it. This stuff really does dry fast. And whenever I wear this color I get lots of compliments. Well, if you consider "uh, your toenails are green" a compliment (Yes, someone really did say that to me).
2. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. I hate tanning beds. I've never been in one and I never will. I am literally having to convince myself to stay off my soapbox right now. Ultimately though, I do understand why people don't want pasty legs. So enter Jergens. This stuff is great. Doesn't streak and it's very subtle.
3. CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain (in Teasing Blush). I find lipstick confusing. How do I stay inside the lines? Why are there so many shades to choose from? Why do people wear something that wears off in 5 seconds? This is a great alternative for me. Subtle color. Stays on for a long time. Easy to apply.
4. TREsemme FreshStart Dry Shampoo. Since I hate washing my hair, this is
the reason people don't think I smell a lifesaver. Dry shampoo has been around for a while - I used to occasionally splurge for it at salons - but it's just now making its way onto drug store shelves. And thank goodness. By the 5th day 2nd day without washing my hair, this is absolutely necessary.
5. CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Mascara (for green eyes). Mascara is mascara is mascara. Or at least that's what someone told me once. That they all work the same way. For that reason, I used to buy a different type every time I would go the store just to see ("Maybe this one would make my eyelashes longer! Fuller! Thicker!"). Recently though, I've been stuck on this one. I don't know if it really makes my eyes look more green, but I like how smooth it goes on and it never flakes.
What about you guys? Does anyone use any of these products? Do you have an awesome beauty products that you would like to share?