"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"
So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, what I am thankful for this year:
- My job! I had a big change in March when I switched to a different department at the university and went part-time. And it has been wonderful. So, so good. I love what I do and I love how often I do it. I cannot even tell you how much of a blessing this has been in my life. I literally feel thankful every time I walk into work.
- My mom. I have always been thankful for my mom, but this year the feelings have been strong. My mom cares for Piglet on the days that I am at work and it is wonderful to know that he is with someone who loves him so much. She has given me lots of good advice throughout the last year as well. She's the best.
- Eric. Obviously, I am always thankful for my husband, BUT watching him become a parent has been so fun. He is patient and thoughtful and I know that he will be the exact type of dad that Piglet needs.
- Our new home! The house is so pretty and we are loving the area too. We haven't done much in terms of decorating, but we are getting there!
- My iPhone. Sounds silly, but I love that I have the ability to capture so many of Piglet's sweet, everyday moments. Sometimes after he goes to sleep at night, I will just look through our pictures from the day. #crazymom
- A happy, healthy baby. My little boy is just so precious. I cannot even put words around how much I love him and how thankful I am for his presence in my life. He has had a very happy, healthy first year and I do not take that for granted.
I am also thankful for my amazing, kind family; cars that don't break down; booties; coffee; thoughtful friends and dry shampoo :)